A man has been charged following a fatal crash in Marsden Park last month.Shortly before 6.50am on Wednesday 26 December 2012, police from Quakers Hill Local Area Command attended the intersection of Richmond Road and South Street, following a collision between two vehicles.
Upon arriving, police located a 27-year-old man from Canley Vale deceased. He was the sole occupant of a Ford Falcon.
A 24-year-old man, driving a Mitsubishi Magna, was treated by emergency crews before being taken to Westmead Hospital for mandatory blood tests and treatment for head and facial injuries.
Yesterday (Thursday 24 January 2013), police arrested the 24-year-old man at Green Valley Police Station.
He was charged with:
- Dangerous driving occasioning death;
- Drive with middle range PCA;
- Negligent driving occasioning death;
- Take and Drive conveyance without consent of owner;
- Learner not accompanied by driver/police officer/tester;
- Not give way to vehicle (give way sign/line);
- Learner driver not display ‘L’ Plates as required.
The man was given strict bail conditions to attend Blacktown Local Court on 26 February 2013.
Police will allege the man was a learner driver, driving a stolen vehicle and under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident