THE national broadband network (NBN) roll-out will be on the agenda when federal Chifley MP Ed Husic and opposition communications spokesman Jason Clare host a community forum in Woodcroft on Tuesday (May 6).
Woodcroft was among the Chifley electorate suburbs scrubbed from the NBN roll-out plans after the Coalition was elected to government last year.
Recent plans suggest Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has re-included a portion of Woodcroft within the NBN roll-out, but Mr Husic says those plans remain "half-baked".
"While I welcome Malcolm Turnbull's change of heart, it's worth remembering this is 2014 and broadband in a First World nation should not be a vision, it should be a given," he said.
"The pressure is now on the Abbott Government to deliver to the fastest-growing area of the nation, western Sydney."
Retiree Geoff Hayman is one of many Woodcroft residents who cannot access high-speed internet via the landline and had to settle for a mobile broadband package.
"It can be very slow, depending on how many people are using the internet through their mobiles at the time," he said.
"When NBN staff were in our street this time last year, we were told we should be connected to the NBN by November. When you look at the NBN map online, we seem to have disappeared."
The forum is from 6.30pm to 8pm at Woodcroft Neighbourhood Centre, 65 Woodcroft Drive.