Programs making a difference to patient care were given a clean bill of health at Western Sydney Local Health District 2016 Quality Awards.
The record 74 entries were an encouraging sign to health district chief executive Danny O’Connor.
“You all should be proud of delivering a better health system for the people of western Sydney,” mental health and medical research minister Pru Goward said.
“Keep up the great work and making a difference.”
More than 2000 people voted for the Fairfax People’s Choice award.
"The hard work, ingenuity and kind-spirited approach to health care filled the room during the quality awards,” Fairfax Community Newspapers group managing editor Paul Roberts said.
“We are grateful and humbled by the many accolades bestowed on Fairfax Media during the presentation, but honoured to share the stage with the real heroes. We hope to continue and grow this partnership with our many friends in Western Sydney Health."
- Patients as Partners: Westmead Women's & Newborn Health Website
- Integrated Healthcare: Child & Family Health - Improving the Universal Health Home Visiting Offers
- Translational Research: Feeling the Urge to Push! Programmed Intermittent & Patient-Controlled Epidural Dosing for Women During Labour
- Local Solutions: GLAMPing, Group Lessons for Antenatal Musculoskeletal Pain
- Preventive Health: bstreetsmart - Smarter, Safer Drivers
- Collaborative Team: Westmead Medical Morning Report
- Harry Collins Award: Jab on the Job
- Arts & Health Award: Being & Belonging - How Art Transformed the New Blacktown Hospital Regional Dialysis Centre
- Innovation: iGAP, Improving Gastroentrology Access and Patient Experience
- Education & Training: We Will Catch You: A Mental Health Falls Prevention Program
- WentWest Partnership Award: Transitioning Clozapine from Hospital to Primary Care
- Fairfax People's Choice Award: Don't forget about dementia? Dementia Awareness Month 2015
- Board Chair's Award: iPASS - A partnership: NSW Ambulance/Western Sydney Local Health District
- Chief Executive's Award: Kneed to Know - Physiotherapy Classes Before Knee Replacement
- Bob Leece Transforming Health Award: Westmead Acute Surgery Clinical Algorithms Smartphone App.